Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm still recuperating

Every morning I set 2 alarms: 1 for Dan at 6:50 in case his doesn't go off, and 1 for 8:00 to wake me up. This morning the 8:00 alarm either didn't go off, or I turned it off in my sleep. I ended up waking up at 9:00. I was still really tired so I laid in bed for the next 45-50 minutes. Then I started to hear some noise coming from what sounded like our apartment. At first I thought, "Of course the noise isn't coming from our apartment. Dan's at work and I'm in bed. Who else would it be? Besides, it's not very loud noise so it has to be one of the neighbors." Then I realized it could be the appropriate amount of loudness to be coming from our apartment because I always have my bedroom door SHUT. So I get up to check to see if the noise is coming from our apartment (and I'm only wearing garments). I open the door, and there's A MAN IN OUR APARTMENT coming towards MY BEDROOM. I screamed LOUD and slammed the door. And then I realized he was wearing a maintenance man t-shirt, and then I remembered we got a flier saying the maintenance men would come by during a certain week (apparently this week) and let themselves in all the apartments to check to see if basic things were working. After I shut the door, screamed, and remembered a maintenance man was coming, I said, "I'm sorry. I forgot you were coming." He said, "Are you okay?" "I'm fine!" I ran to put clothes on, wash my face, and get ready to go out in the living room and say to him, "That was funny, huh?" But when I was ready to come out he said he was leaving, which was a good thing because I was still shaking. I probably scared him when I screamed, and he probably felt bad, and he was probably trying to get out of there as soon as possible after seeing me. While later I thought it was funny, it was still really scary, and the next few hours afterwards consisted of deep breaths. Geez, of all the mornings for my alarm clock to not wake me up at 8:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment